Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

My sister Tenille tagged me. So I was to open my 8th picture file, and show my 6th picture. How crazy is it that it just happens to be a picture of her, mom and Grandma Stout holding Malia?

Grandma Stout passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was an amazing woman! We were so blessed to have such a loving and selfless person for a grandma. She always thought of others before herself. And always made sure you knew how much she loved you, and how talented you were. I remember one time when I was in beauty school, I had her come in to pass off a perm or something like that. My instructor had someone else style her hair after I had finished, I guess for that student to pass of a shampoo set. Of course she was happy to help. After her hair was done, she came over to my station, (her hair looked very nice) to whisper in my ear that her hair looked better when I did it. I know she just couldn't bring herself to walk out the door without telling me so, worried that I might think she liked it better.

I never liked my grandma to pay me when I did her hair, but she always had her money already folded up in her pocket ready to slip over on the sly when I wasn't looking. I would catch her every time and protest that she take it back. After a while I realized it was a battle I was never going to win, so I just stared pretending that I didn't see her tuck the money under my book. I do have to admit though, I loved it when she would pay me with a little baggy of pine nuts from her secret stash!!

I am so grateful that my kids were able to have such a close relationship with their great-grandma. And that they had the opportunity to witness her never ending love for her family. She has bestowed on us, a great legacy. The importance of family and unconditional love, that will be proudly passed down for years to come..... We love you Grandma Stout! You are forever in our hearts.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What nice stories. We all miss Grandma but know she is happy. I truely feel blessed to have married into this great family! Sarah

Taylor Tribe said...

What a beautiful blog on Grandma! She was pretty special in her own way. Hey, Jeni....just wanted to thank you for those kind words you left on my blog...Ms Superwoman yourself! Yes, Sarah & I feel so lucky & blessed to have such awesome sisters-in-law...our husbands are okay, but our sisters-in-law, they ROCK!!! Love you!

KaufusiFamily said...

That post left me teary eyed. That was perfect!

Thanks for posting on my blog. I was SO excited that you actually did it! Also... thanks for playing tag. It was crazy that your picture just happened to be of me. hhmmmm. Maybe it was meant to be.

Tyler and Ericka said...

I am sooo glad that you found my blog!!! It's nice to keep in touch with people, tell Tana I said hi and I honestly miss her a ton! She was such a fun kid to have as a student. That was also a really nice post on your grandma, what a cute fam..... oh by the way your new little girl is a DOLL!!!! please keep in touch!

Kristin said...

Jenni,
I am so glad you stopped by Joel and I's blog. Isn't bloging so obsesive! Did Tenille make that bracelet for Tate or just buy it, it's so pretty. I just love little girl things, seeing any babies makes me baby hungry!!! Pretty true about grandma and always making sure she paid for whatever service she recieved.
Kristin

Bree said...

Jeni
I'm so glad you found us, I love this post about grandma, it is so true, we are very blessed to have her in our lives. She had a way of making us all feel so special & loved. Your family is so cute. (By the way, no, I'm not pregnant.)

Hospital Slideshow

Background

I finally did it!

Well, here you go! This is for all of you that have told me to set up a blog for the past... who knows how long. I just hope I can keep it updated regularly like the rest of you. I figured this would be the best time to set this up, since I now only have 5 more days until our new little bundle of joy arrives. That's right, for all of you who are unaware, the Miller family is having a baby! I know... ten years later, what are we thinking? Who knows? But we are all so excited we can hardly stand it. We all count the days down constantly. I thought this would be a great way to share our joy in the days, and years to come.